Monday, June 27, 2011

Gluten-Free is the way to be!

I am discovering a whole new realm of food. This realm is the gluten-free world that I knew about only because I used to have student's that had Celiac disease and could not eat any of the normal snack food we served the other children. Lo and behold! I am now attempting to be gluten-free which is not the easiest thing, but very worth the way I feel since I stopped stuffing my face with breads, pastas, crackers, cookies, cakes...you get the picture.
I wandered into Whole Foods today and found the gluten-free section. I picked up some pretzels and crackers and did not think to look at the ingredients. They are full of seeds! This is normally perfectly acceptable and healthy for most, but not for me. I am not allowed to eat seeds. They do a number on my digestive system. So hopefully my family will think they taste good and I will go back in search of gluten-free and seed-free alternatives. I did not know gluten-free would be such a crazy adventure. But, my stomach feels better than ever and I have lost a nice amount of poundage...of course I am exercising like crazy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment